Because Destini is likely to be born early I wanted to give the reasons I want her to wait until February 29th at least. Most of the reasons are selfish and kinda minor-ly lame! Other than the obvious reason of her growing and being more developed I want her born on February 29th or later because:
- I’ll be 37 1/2-ish weeks by then so I’ll technically be to term (I think).
- February 29th is the coolest birthday ever!
- There are less birthdays in the family in March (only about 3 on both sides.)
- I don’t want her to share a birthday with a family member in January or February.
- I’d rather not have to visit my baby in the hospital every day until she can come home and pay for the NICU and all that comes with having a preemie.
- I want her to be able to breastfeed which may be difficult depending on her size (that’s if she’s willing to anyway).
- My parents are really busy until that time (and flights are outrageously expensive!) and I want them to be at the birth or arrive shortly after (I prefer at–meaning at the hospital) but hopefully I won’t have a long labor, though if she comes early or I have to be induced I highly doubt I will.
Being a preemie myself I am not too concerned about her having lung problems or something like that; they can assist with that in the NICU. It’s mainly brain problems or something like that that I am concerned about. March of Dimes has a lot of info on premature birth and complications that come along with it. I trust God. He will not give us anything we can’t handle and she will be born when He says.
- That she stays in until AT LEAST week 34-36.
- I won’t have to be induced for complications or danger.
- A C-section won’t happen. I already have one tummy scar.
- I can take the labor without getting a spinal or epidural.
- My parents can make it in time whenever she does come.