General · Journey · Pregnant

Journey: 32 Weeks!


Week 32 started at the hospital again! I had contractions starting midnight and went to the hospital around 8 a.m. They were closer together once I got there at about 6-8 minutes so they checked to see if I was dilated and I was to 2 cm and so I was admitted and put on magnesium to relax my uterus and stop the contractions and penicillin for GBS (Group B Strep) so I had an IV put in which took a while and was super obnoxious and painful once in.

They put a blood pressure cuff on my left arm and it monitored my BP every 30 minutes for a couple hours and then every hour until around 3 am Saturday. The medicine made it a little low so the machine would beep every time so I had to call the nurse to turn it off every time until it was higher.

We were sent down for an ultrasound to check the cervical length and everything again as well as get Destini’s weight. The dr was thinking perhaps I was already dilated last week but they didn’t check me then so he couldn’t know but he thinks I perhaps was. The cervical length wasn’t much different. Destini’s weight was approximately 4 pounds and 3 ounces, which is a week early according to my Glow app. They also found out the amniotic fluid is low so I was given instructions to drink water and rest as much as possible once sent home. Doctor said we may have to deliver early anyway if we can’t get the amniotic fluid up, but they still want me to get to at least 35-36 weeks. 

When we got back up from the ultrasound they put these things on my calves to help with circulation since I wasn’t able to get up a lot. They were the only semi-comfortable thing. They were kinda like massagers. These two things made it to where I had something attached to each limb! Every time I had to go to the bathroom I had to call the nurse and have her take everything off except the IV which was just unplugged from the wall and I took with me which was super annoying!! I was soooo glad when everything came off and I didn’t have to call the nurse every time I had to pee. 

They gave me ambien to try to help me sleep which I wish they hadn’t because I had real bad side effects (a fact my mom told me about after I had taken it) so I will never take that medication for sleep again. It gave me super weird dreams and sort of hallucinations once I woke up at like 1-2 am (I had taken it at like 10:30ish). Jeff was snoring super loud and I couldn’t get up to make him stop. My restless legs started up as well and all of that combined made me emotional and cry.  

I ended up calling the nurse and asking if I could take a bath and get medicine for a headache (a side effect from the Procardia they had started me on since taking me off Ambien) and that helped a lot!

Luckily, the doctor was going to discharge me around 9:30 am since everything was ok and I had my baby shower scheduled at 1! So after my last dose of procardia at the hospital (they gave me a prescription to take home) and monitoring of baby and TOCO as well as a good breakfast of sausage and gravy biscuit, we left for home to get ready for the shower.

I was given instructions to sit in a chair, not lift anything at the shower as well as drink water. 35 people attended the shower and we got a lot of good stuff including three handmade blankets.

Thanks again to all who came! Please, continue praying that she can stay in at least until 35 weeks if not longer or all the way to 40 weeks, that we won’t have any more unexpected visits to the hospital, that we will be able to manage my bedrest ok and that I may be able to work a little in bed or on the couch (and that Jeff’s not working out of town when I go into actual labor)!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s